Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

a salty weekend

This weekend we've been to Slanic Prahova and I actually swam for the first time in the salty lake. A weird sensation, since this high concentration of salt in the water just pushes you to the surface, so all you can do is use your hands - your feet will just float above the water :).
Some people found some other kind of fun, floating on a wooden platform,
and sometimes trying to sink it... without any results of course :).
PS: the maximum depth of this lake is 15 m!
Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. another amazing capture lara.

    have a nice day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looked like a nice way to cool off in your summer. Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ypu must feel salty after a swim like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:45 pm

    I swam in the Dead Sea once, strange feeling just to float without trying. But I touched my eye and couldn't open it for 10 minutes.

    Thank you for your visit to flying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Thanks for the description of swimming in that. Sounds challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:08 pm

    Oh goodness, that reminds me of a couple of years ago when I went to Cojocna to the salt lake there. Unfortunately I freaked out at all the people there, and had a panic attack in the lake, it was really embarrassing! So now I think I shall enjoy your photos, but you won't tempt me to come into the water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful day to float in the sun's warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fun this people had on this lake! Beautiful photos, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are most appreciated!